The COVID-19 pandemic spotlights the challenges rural communities face every day because of historic and ongoing disinvestment — from closures of rural hospitals to high unemployment and limited affordable housing.
Our communities need bold solutions, now.
Partners for Rural Transformation is committed to taking action to promote healthy and resilient rural communities. Long term, we need vibrant, committed leaders in communities to help their neighbors to rebuild. The work that we’re doing right now is to ensure those leaders can continue their work and support their communities to rebuild their economies.
Below are the ways we’re providing frontline support to our communities and advocating for policies that provide critical public health and economic relief during this crisis.
- Fahe’s Appalachian Perspective – Policy Responses to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Communities Unlimited: What can small businesses do about economic impacts of COVID-19?
- HOPE’s COVID-19 Resources for Individuals and Businesses
- HOPE’S COVID-19 Response Support page
- Hope Policy Institute: Blog post on the lack of healthcare resources in rural communities
- RCAC’s COVID-19 Resource page